All academic advising will now be conducted through non-face-to-face methods such as phone, email, and Zoom. When seeking college-based support, please ensure that you are viewing the correct college for your major.
If you would like help identifying which office to visit, you can begin by visiting the Student Success Help Desk.
Look for recent communications from SDSU Student-Athlete Academic Support Services, and keep in touch with your current athletics academic advisor.
- Liberal Studies majors can contact an adviser by emailing [email protected].
- Child Development majors can contact an adviser by emailing [email protected].
- All other inquiries can be emailed to [email protected].
Please see this College of Education site for information on withdrawing from a course or changing your grading basis to Credit/No-Credit.
Consult the Office of Advising and Evaluations for all questions pertaining to General Education courses, graduation requirements, Writing Placement Assessment (WPA) and other placement exams.
School of Exercise and Nutritional Sciences ([email protected])
- Professor Kelly Lane, Faculty Undergraduate Advisor
- Leviticus Johnson, Undergraduate Advisor
- Louise Chatagnier, Graduate Student Assistant
School of Public Health ([email protected])
- Dr. Kristen Emory, Undergraduate Advisor for Upper-Division Public Health Majors
- Esmeralda Sanchez, Undergraduate Advisor for Freshmen, Sophomores, and Public Health Pre-Majors ([email protected])
School of Nursing
- Peter Strachwitz, Undergraduate Advisor ([email protected])
- Professor Janet Finkel, RN-BS Advisor ([email protected])
- Domenique Maj, Advising Administrative Assistant, ([email protected])
School of Social Work
- Professor Jennifer Cosio, Faculty Undergraduate Advisor for Upper-Division Social Work Majors ([email protected])
- Esmeralda Sanchez, Undergraduate Advisor for Freshmen, Sophomores, and Social Work Pre-Majors ([email protected])
School of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
- Taylor Hye, Undergraduate Advisor ([email protected])
CHHS Dean’s Office - International Experience Requirement
- Julie Dugan, International Programs Coordinator ([email protected])
School of Art+Design
- Visit the Art Homeroom in Blackboard for Advising hours and Zoom link
- Email: [email protected]
School of Communication
- Visit the website: https://communication.sdsu.edu/
- Visit the Communication Homeroom in Blackboard for advising hours and Zoom link for office hours
- Email: Dr. Kathleen Czech ([email protected])
L. Robert Payne School of Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Email: [email protected]
School of Journalism & Media Studies
- Visit the JMS Homeroom in Blackboard
- Schedule an appointment with JMS Advising via Calendly
- Email: JMS Advising Coordinator Alexa Mokalis ([email protected])
School of Theatre, Television, and Film
- First visit the TTF Advising Google Document here.
- If needed, you may also email advisors directly
- TFM: Stuart Voytilla ([email protected])
- Theatre: Dr. Katie Turner ([email protected])
School of Public Affairs
- Contact info and schedule appointments are posted here.
School of Music and Dance
- Dance majors: Joe Alter ([email protected])
- Music majors:
- BM Music Education, Professional Studies/General Track (2), BA, and Music minors: Email Dr. Shannon Kitelinger ([email protected])
- BM Professional Studies Tracks 1 & 3, Performance, Global Composition, Jazz Studies: Email Travis Maril ([email protected])
General Information is available on the Student Success homepage.
- First-Gen Student Success: Email Brenda Diaz ([email protected]) with questions and regarding virtual First Generation workshops and mentorship opportunities.
- Interdisciplinary Studies in Three Disciplines (IS3D): See the IS3D homepage.
- IS3D and Undeclared Student consultations and petitions regarding retroactive withdrawal, late withdrawals, or similar issues: Email Assistant Dean Michelle Lopez at ([email protected]) for a phone or Zoom appointment.
- Transfer Student Outreach Alliance: Email Rise Diamond ([email protected]) with transfer student questions or regarding virtual Transfer Student workshops and mentoring opportunities.
- Undeclared Students: See the Undeclared homepage.
- Weber Honors College Students: Email Michelle Knowlton ([email protected])
EOP will continue to communicate with students regarding important information, dates, and deadlines through its website and newsletter. Please email [email protected] if you need to update your email address to ensure you are receiving timely updates from EOP.
Virtual Walk-In Appointments are available during the first week of classes and can be scheduled by contacting the EOP Virtual Front Desk (https://sdsu.zoom.us/j/97178554497).
After the first week of classes, students can schedule appointments with their EOP Counselors using the following methods.
- Using EAB Navigate at the following link: sdsu.campus.eab.com
- Calling our EOP front desk (619) 594-6298 and leaving a message; someone will return your call
- Emailing us at [email protected]; someone will return your email